Precast Concrete Estimator
Sanderson Concrete Inc., a Division of BM Group., is a manufacturer of architectural and structural precast concrete products. We are Western Canada’s leading custom architectural precast concrete and site furnishings producer. Proudly Canadian, the strength of Sanderson Concrete is in the experience and qualifications of its management and employees and superior quality control. Our state-of-the-art facility can cast architectural and structural precast in a wide range of forms and surface treatments.
Sanderson is looking for a Precast Concrete Estimator to join our dynamic team in Surrey, BC. This position works with customers, design engineers, and the production team on large-scale projects.
Please visit www.sandersonconcrete.com to familiarize yourself.
We’re looking for people right away, so if you’re great with your hands and looking to make a good wage, we’re waiting to hear from you. Hours will be from 7:30am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday. Experience in a precast concrete plant is a must – but if you have been working with concrete on construction sites, we want to talk to you, too!
In addition to becoming part of an exceptional team, we also offer the following:
- Competitive Wages.
- 100% company-paid Extended Health and Dental Benefits.
- Company matching RRSP plan.
- Estimate architectural and structural precast concrete projects.
- Develop clear and detailed project scope and present it to the customer.
- Coordinate projects and communicate with customers to set realistic deadlines for the completion of work.
- Understand the plans and specifications to identify the types and grades of materials and processes required to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Maintain a daily critical job schedule and keep shop management informed.
- Verify job costing as needed.
- Attend pre-construction and site meetings to address client concerns.
- Maintain customer relationships.
What we can offer you.
Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that
is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector.
We offer benefits after three months, life insurance.
We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools to support and train you. You’ll also have opportunities for advancement as you gain new skills.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience with job costing analysis, estimating labour, materials, and equipment for customized, manufactured products.
- Proficient at reading engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings and specifications.
- Experience managing projects from award to completion.
- Some experience working with architecture and construction industries.
- Experience with tender bid preparation, from start to the presentation.
- Review and fact-checking skills, with high accuracy in numerical calculations.
- Familiarity with steel design and reinforced/pre-stressed concrete structures, elements, and connections.
- Have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel throughout the Greater Vancouver/Fraser Valley area.
- Communication, technical writing, presentation, facilitation, and organizational skills.
The best part of working with us is the people: we’ve got a great team, many of whom have been here for 15+ years. This is a special yard where staff are taken care. Almost all of our work is done indoors; and with a regular schedule, you’ll have all the time you need for life outside of work.
Sanderson Concrete is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Sanderson Concrete does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.