Sanderson Concrete has become the go-to for architectural precast furnishings as well as custom precast washrooms! One of the washrooms we manufactured for the City of Surrey was recently nominated for “the 2021 Canada’s Best Restroom,” The only restroom from BC to be nominated!
Once again, we have built a brand new custom precast concrete washroom for the City of Surrey. This is our third precast washroom located in Forsyth Park, Surrey BC.
Replicating the Chimney Heights Park design, this washroom would be cast and assembled at Sanderson Concrete’s plant.
The base unit consisted of the four exterior walls and the three interior walls, INCLUDING FLOOR – weighed 30,000 lb. The roof unit, which consisted of the four trapezoid roof panels and the two interior panels, which made the service room inaccessible to the public, weighed 15,000 lb. The weight of the entire structure, when complete, would reach 45,000 lb.
Pre-assembly of the precast concrete washroom building allowed for electrical and mechanical installations to be done off-site.
Finished precast concrete washroom building with art panel installed.
- This precast concrete washroom building includes a service room, wall hydrant and 8′-0 skylight
- The art panel creates a secure gate panel that is opened at dawn and closed at dusk
- The sand-stone precast concrete wall panels are coated with anti-graffiti coating and black trim
- All weld plates, gutter, sink and mirror are stainless steel
- A wood door and partition are 1-1/4″ clear coated Douglas Fir plywood
- The floor is natural grey concrete polished to a terrazzo finish and coated with epoxy
- Service room door has a ten gauge steel plate welded to the face of the door with two mortise locks for security
- Mechanical service room is insulated and heat traced on the water lines which allows the washroom to stay open year-round
- Facilities do not require winterizing and will not need to be shut down for the winter
- This washroom building is also wheelchair accessible.
Watch how the Chimney Heights Park washroom came together!
For more information or to discuss your precast concrete washroom building plans.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or discuss your precast concrete washroom building plans. Click here to READ about how we built our first Precast Concrete Washroom.