Once more, Sanderson Concrete built a brand new custom precast concrete washroom building for the City of Surrey. This particular one is located in Chimney Height Park. We consulted with JIM Architecture and the City of Surrey Parks, Recreation and Culture. This washroom building required wheelchair access to be functional for everyone.
The precast concrete building would be cast and assembled at Sanderson Concrete’s plant as in the past. Assembly of the building took place in two stages:
The base unit consisted of the four exterior walls and the three interior walls, INCLUDING FLOOR – weighed 30,000 lb.
The roof unit, which consisted of the four trapezoid roof panels and the two interior panels, which made the service room inaccessible to the public, weighed 15,000 lb.
The weight of the entire structure, when complete, would reach 45,000 lb.
Craning the assembled precast concrete base unit into place and then the pre-assembled precast concrete roof panels at Chimney Height Park, Surrey BC
Pre-assembly of the precast concrete washroom building allowed for electrical and mechanical installations to be done off-site. While the gate assembly, including hidden rollers, were pre-fitted before sending out for powder coating and installed in-house prior to shipping to the site.
Behind the mirror is an infrared hand wash assembly – soap, air, and water dispensed automatically with a wave of the hand.
Finished precast concrete washroom building with art panel installed.
- This precast concrete washroom building includes a service room, wall hydrant and 8′-0 skylight
- The art panel creates a secure gate panel that is opened at dawn and closed at dusk
- The sand-stone precast concrete wall panels are coated with anti-graffiti coating and black trim
- All weld plates, gutter, sink and mirror are stainless steel
- A wood door and partition are 1-1/4″ clear coated Douglas Fir plywood
- The floor is natural grey concrete polished to a terrazzo finish and coated with epoxy
- Service room door has a ten gauge steel plate welded to the face of the door with two mortise locks for security
- Mechanical service room is insulated and heat traced on the water lines which allows the washroom to stay open year-round
- Facilities do not require winterizing and will not need to be shut down for the winter
“It was a pleasure to have Sanderson Concrete as part of the Surrey Parks – Modular Park Washroom project team. Their contributions to the design detailing and development process were pivotal to the success of what proved to be a very complicated little building. The creativity and skill of the Sanderson Concrete team was invaluable, as we surmounted numerous challenges and achieved an outstanding end product. We applaud Sanderson Concrete for their determination, team orientation, and professionalism throughout the project. Well Done!”
Manager – Park Development Services
CITY OF SURREY
2336 – 166th St, Surrey, BC, Canada V3Z 0W2
T 604.501.5180 | www.surrey.ca
For more information or to discuss your precast concrete washroom building plans.
Email email@example.com or more information or to discuss your precast concrete washroom building plans. Click here to READ about how we built our first Precast Concrete Washroom.