Beautiful Hand Polished Precast Concrete Security Bollards & Pebbles...
Sanderson Concrete was awarded the contract to build a prototype precast concrete washroom building for the City of Surrey. Working with JIM Architecture and the City of Surrey Parks department to bring this project together was both challenging and interesting. The washroom building was meant to be a fun and functional landmark washroom building for some of Surrey’s 278 parks.
The City of Surrey worked with architect, James Huemoeller, to design a modular precast concrete building that could be cast and assembled in Sanderson Concrete’s plant. Assembly of the building took place in two stages:
The base unit, which consisted on the four exterior walls and the three interior walls, weighed 30,000 lb. when completed
The roof unit, which consisted of the four trapezoid roof panels and the two interior panels, which made the service room to be inaccessible to the public, weighed 15,000 lb. when completed.
Craning the assembled precast concrete base unit into place and then the pre-assembled precast concrete roof panels at Maple Green Park in Surrey, BC.
Pre-assembly of the precast concrete washroom building allowed for electrical and mechanical installations to be done off-site in Sanderson Concrete’s plant. Gate assembly, including hidden rollers were pre-fitted prior to sending out for powder coating and installed in-house prior to shipping to site.
On delivery day, all that was missing was the custom art panel for the gate assembly. Behind the mirror is an infrared hand wash assembly – soap, air and water dispensed automatically with a wave of the hand.
Finished precast concrete washroom building with art panel installed
- This precast concrete washroom building includes a service room, wall hydrant and 8′-0 skylight
- The skylight will be replaced later this year with a translucent solar panel
- The art panel creates a secure gate panel that is opened at dawn and closed at dusk
- The brick red precast concrete wall panels are coated with anti-graffiti coating
- All weld plates, gutter, sink and mirror are stainless steel
- Wood door and partition are 1-1/4″ clear coated Douglas Fir plywood
- Floor is natural grey concrete polished to a terrazzo finish and coated with epoxy
- Service room door has a 10 gauge steel plate welded to the face of the door with two mortise locks for security
- Mechanical service room is insulated and heat traced on the water lines which allows the washroom to stay open year round
- Facilities do not require winterizing and will not need to be shut down for the winter
Email email@example.com for more information or to discuss your precast concrete washroom building plans